Oct 01, 2018
We hope that each and every one of you has been enjoying this beautiful fall weather, school semester, and time at the Grand! Fall is such a beautiful time of the year!
With that being said, be sure to take advantage of this time of the year by decorating your apartment and attending local events in the area!
Infuse fall into your home with just a few tips from the Grand staff:
1. Fall centerpieces (Add a dash of color to your counter tops or coffee tables to brighten the room.)
2. Front Door Wreaths (Create a welcoming space by adding a splash of color on your front door)
3. Air fresheners (Soften the room with Pumpkin Spice or Vanilla aromas.
4. Cushion Pillows (Change out your furniture pillows with vibrant fall colors like red, orange, brown and yellow tones)
Here are a few events to check out:
1. October 7, 2018: Anderson East (Druid City Music Hall, 6 pm)
2. October 7, 2018: First Annual Downtown Chili Cook Off (Downtown Tuscaloosa, 2 pm - 6 pm)
3. October 17, 2018: Cherub (Druid City Music Hall, 7:30 pm)
4. October 17, 2018: National Fossil Day (Alabama Museum of Natural Resources 5 pm - 7 pm)
5. October 20 - 21, 2018: Kentuck Art Festival
Also, with all of the excitement of fall, some of you may have not gotten off to the best start this school semester. The Grand is here to help with that! Please see the below helpful school tips to help you succeed this semester.
1. Get plenty of sleep during the school week. You may be a night owl and run off of 4-5 hours of sleep per night, but you will be surprised how getting a good night sleep can make you feel! It has been my experience that getting a good night sleep can result in better focus, concentration, memory retention, attitude, and so much more!
2. Eat a good meal before class. How many of us have gotten to class or an exam only to find our stomachs growling? What happens? Well, for me, all I can think about is “When can I get some food!?” I’m not at all focused on class or the exam that I might be taking! So, eat a good meal before class!
3. Find a Study Space. Figure out how you study best and find your ideal location for that. For some it is the library, others it is an organized study hall. We all study different and different locations will bring out each of our studious sides!
4. Organization is the Key. Staying organized is the way to keep your master plan on track. A lot of colleges will offer free planners to incoming students (most usually house coupons for various locations around campus as well, great bonus!), you just have to pick it up. Use apps on your phone to keep meetings and test schedules organized, so you never miss an important deadline. So, have a plan, write it down, and follow it!
5. Stay positive! Sometimes, a positive attitude can be all the difference between doing well and not doing well in a class.
6. Don’t procrastinate! Let’s be honest, we’re all guilty of procrastinating from time to time. Maybe you have a big assignment, project, or test coming up, and you wait until the last minute to do it or study for it. You think that you have all of the time in world! Sometimes, this results in luck coming your way, and you do fine on the assignment, project, or test. However, I would say for the majority of the time, it results in us doing poorly on the assignment, project, or test. The worst feeling is knowing that we could have done better with ample time and commitment, but we chose not to put forth the effort.
7. Do your best, nothing less! At the end of the day, if you know that you have done your best on an assignment, test, or project, you can proudly hold your head up high and be proud of your results, because you know that you put your everything into the task!
Finally, keep an eye out on our social media for all things Grand coming up from a patio decorating contest to a Halloween party! Best of luck this semester and thank you for choosing to #LiveLifeGrand